Welcome to the home page of DIAC 2016: Directions in Authenticated Ciphers. This workshop will be held on two days in downtown Nagoya, Japan, between September 26 and 27, 2016. Directly following DIAC 2016 is the ASK 2016 workshop (Asian Workshop on Symmetric Key Cryptography), also held in Nagoya (Nagoya University). Joint participations are welcome.
The most fundamental promise made by cryptography is that a sender and receiver, starting from nothing more than shared knowledge of a secret key, can securely exchange messages. Secret-key cryptography protects the confidentiality and integrity of the messages against any possible misbehavior by the intermediate network. Unfortunately, the trust that users place in secret-key cryptography has been repeatedly and flagrantly violated. Will the requirements of the users be better met by the next generation of authenticated ciphers?
The purpose of DIAC 2016 is to evaluate the state of the art in authenticated encryption and gather community input regarding desired future directions. DIAC 2016 emphasizes the most recent research. Comparisons of submissions to the Competition for Authenticated Encryption: Security, Applicability, and Robustness (CAESAR) are welcome. Cryptanalysis of ciphers (whether submissions or not), viewed as guidance for designers, is also welcome. Presentations of ideas for future ciphers are also welcome. Submissions of panel proposals, white papers, lists of desiderata, etc. are also welcome. See the submission page for a more comprehensive list of DIAC 2016 topics.
DIAC 2016 will take place in downtown Nagoya. The formal DIAC 2016 program will begin in the morning of Monday 26 September and will end in the late afternoon of Tuesday 27 September.
DIAC 2016 is a followup to the ECRYPT DIAC workshop in Stockholm in July 2012, the DIAC 2013 workshop in Chicago in August 2013, the DIAC 2014 workshop in Santa Barbara in August 2014, and the DIAC 2015 workshop in Singapore in September 2015.
- 2016-10-12: The slides are online.
- 2016-09-25: The final program has been posted.
- 2016-09-23: The program has been updated.
- 2016-09-23: A map around the venue is available on Travel info page.
- 2016-09-19: Tentative program is online.
- 2016-09-16: The registration deadline is extended to September 22, 2016.
- 2016-09-09: A list of accepted talks is online.
- 2016-09-08: Added a note on the payment page.
- 2016-09-06: Submission deadline is extended to September 8, 2016.
- 2016-08-29: Registration and payment pages are updated, and submission is open.
- 2016-07-18: Venue, Hotels, and Travel info pages are updated.
- 2016-06-01: Website is up.