Welcome to Tetsu Iwata's web page.
I'm an associate professor in the Department of Computational Science and Engineering at Nagoya University.
Email Address: iwata (at) cse (dot) nagoya-u (dot) ac (dot) jp
Department of Computational Science and Engineering,
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
Integrated Building, North, Room 907.
My research interests are in cryptography and information security. I'm working on provable security of symmetric key cryptography, including encryption and message authentication.
Security analysis of GCM (Galois/Counter Mode): The paper presents a detailed security analysis of GCM. Slides and the video are available.
Security analysis of EAX-prime: The paper presents a detailed security analysis of EAX-prime. Slides are available.
CENC (Cipher-based ENCryption) is an encryption mode for blockciphers. CENC page is here [www].
- CMAC (Cipher-based MAC)
OMAC is a simple variant of the CBC MAC designed and analyzed by me and Kurosawa. It is a blockcipher-based message authentication code.
NIST is in the process of specifying blockcipher modes of operation in a series of special publications. ``NIST Special Publication 800-38B Recommendation for Block Cipher Modes of Operation: the CMAC Mode for Authentication'' has been finalized on May 18, 2005. This Recommendation specifies CMAC, which is equivalent to OMAC (OMAC1).
OMAC page is here [www].
NIST' modes page is here [www].
``NIST SP 800-38B Recommendation for Block Cipher Modes of Operation: The CMAC Mode for Authentication'' is available here [www].
See ``Updated CMAC Examples (.pdf - 37 KB) [pdf]'' at NIST web site for updated TDES test vectors.
``The AES-CMAC Algorithm,'' RFC 4493, Junhyuk Song, Jicheol Lee, Radha Poovendran, and Tetsu Iwata, is available here [www].
``The AES-CMAC-PRF-128 Algorithm for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE),'' RFC 4615, Junhyuk Song, Radha Poovendran, Jicheol Lee, and Tetsu Iwata, is available here [www].
According to Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm Validation List, as of September 2013, there are more than 200 implementations of CMAC by various vendors.
|Professional Activities (Selected)|
- Program Co-chair
- ASIACRYPT 2014, December, 2014, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (with Palash Sarkar).
- IWSEC 2011, November 8-11, 2011, Tokyo, Japan (with Masakatsu Nishigaki) [www].
- FSE 2010, February 7-10, 2010, Seoul, Korea (with Seokhie Hong) [www].
- Dagstuhl Seminar 14021, Symmetric Cryptography, January 5-10, 2014, Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern, Germany (with Frederik Armknecht, Helena Handschuh, and Bart Preneel) [www].
- ASK 2012, August 27-29, 2012, Nagoya, Japan (with Lei Wang) [www].
- CAESAR Committee [www].
- Program Committee Member
- AFRICACRYPT 2014, May 28-30, 2014, Marrakech, Morocco.
- ASIACRYPT 2013, December 1-5, 2013, Bangalore, India [www].
- IWSEC 2013, November 18-20, 2013, Okinawa, Japan [www].
- AFRICACRYPT 2013, June 22-24, 2013, Cairo, Egypt [www].
- FSE 2013, March 11-13, 2013, Singapore [www].
- IWSEC 2012, December 9-12, 2012, Fukuoka, Japan [www].
- ASIACRYPT 2012, December 2-6, 2012, Beijing, China [www].
- INDOCRYPT 2012, December 10-12, 2012, Kolkata, India [www].
- EUROCRYPT 2012, April 15-19, 2012, Cambridge, UK [www].
- CANS 2011, December 10-12, 2011, Sanya, China [www].
- AFRICACRYPT 2011, July 5-7, 2011, Dakar, Senegal [www].
- FSE 2011, February 14-16, Lyngby, Denmark [www].
- CANS 2010, December 12-14, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [www].
- IWSEC 2010, November 22-24, 2010, Kobe, Japan [www].
- SAC 2010, August 12-13, 2010, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada [www].
- ASIACRYPT 2009, December 6-10, 2009, Tokyo, Japan [www].
- IWSEC 2009, October 28-30, 2009, Toyama, Japan [www].
- AFRICACRYPT 2009, June 21-25, 2009, Gammarth, Tunesia.
- FSE 2009, February 22-25, 2009, Leuven, Belgium [www].
- IWSEC 2008, November 25-27, 2008, Kagawa, Japan [www].
- AFRICACRYPT 2008, June 11-14, 2008, Casablanca, Morocco.
- ASIACCS 2008, March 18-20, 2008, Tokyo, Japan [www].
- FSE 2008, February 10-13, 2008, Lausanne, Switzerland [www].
- ASIACRYPT 2007, December 2-6, 2007, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia [www].
- IWSEC 2007, October 29-31, 2007, Nara, Japan [www].
- FSE 2007, March 26-28, 2007, Luxembourg city, Luxembourg [www].
- INDOCRYPT 2006, December 11-13, 2006, Kolkata, India [www].
EUROCRYPT 2006, May 28-June 1, 2006, Saint Petersburg, Russia [www].
- Invited Seminar
- ESC 2013, January 14-18, 2013, Mondorf-les-Bains, Luxembourg [www]
- Dagstuhl Seminar 12031, Symmetric Cryptography, January 15-20, 2012, Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern, Germany [www].
- ESC 2010, January 11-15, 2010, Remich, Luxembourg [www]
- Dagstuhl Seminar 09031, Symmetric Cryptography, January 11-16, 2009, Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern, Germany [www].
- ESC 2008, January 7-11, 2008, Echternach, Luxembourg [www]
- Dagstuhl Seminar 07021, Symmetric Cryptography, January 7-12, 2007, Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern, Germany [www].
To Group's web page.
Page created: May 1, 2006.
Last update: September 25, 2013.